Established in 1988 through the merger of The Flint Public Trust, founded in 1950, and the Flint Area Health Foundation, created in 1978, the resulting Community Foundation combined the strengths of these two Flint institutions to position itself for future growth and giving. Since the merger, assets have grown from $10 million to more than $87 million. Over 10,000 contributors ranging from modest to magnificent means have enabled the Community Foundation to award more than $75 million in grants to the greater Flint area from over 350 charitable funds.
Pritzker kickstarted the Flint Water Works Initiative with a $500,000 donation shortly after the secretary of state announced the project in March 2016. The money was eventually directed toward the...more
GRAND BLANC, MI -- The Grand Blanc McFarlen Library has been awarded a grant from the Community Foundation of Greater Flint - Grand Blanc Community Fund, according to a press release. The McFarlen...more