Center for Philanthropy GrantOrganization
- Center for PhilanthropyGrant Amount
- Mott FoundationGrant Purpose
- The program goal is to increase the number of Ukrainian citizens supporting nonprofit organizations. The Center for Philanthropy will launch a program to expand individual giving in Ukraine by: (1) encouraging individuals to give through a public awareness campaign targeted at changing peoples' attitudes toward philanthropy; (2) improving the capacity of Ukrainian nonprofit organizations to solicit donations from individuals through an education program on appropriate fundraising techniques; and (3) conducting a research and publication program focused on financial sustainability for civil society organizations. In the previous grant period, promotional and advisory efforts by the center, in cooperation with a range of civil society partners, contributed both to the President of Ukraine declaring a national Day of Charitable Activities, as well as to the government adopting a formal concept for cooperation with civil society. It also succeeded in securing European accreditation for its professional fundraising course. The Center for Philanthropy was founded in 1997 with the mission of developing the culture of philanthropy in Ukraine by encouraging citizen participation and independent social action.Similar GrantsSocial Platform
- $60,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The program goal is to strengthen the dialogue between nongovernmental organizations and European Union institutions. To this end, Social Platform will coordinate an informal working group of large nongovernmental organizations' groupings or...NGO School
- $128,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The program goal is to involve more Russian citizens in supporting nonprofit organizations by improving their capacity to collect private donations and develop supportive constituencies. Building on its successful staging of a certified...Polish Ukrainian Cooperation Foundation "PAUCI"
- $300,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The program goal is to build the capacity of Ukraine to integrate more closely with European and Euro-Atlantic structures through the application of Polish and European experience. In order to fulfill its mission, the Polish Ukrainian Cooperation...GURT Resource Center for NGO Development
- $90,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The program goal is to support social transformation in Ukraine through development of a strong, diverse, and vibrant civil society. The GURT Resource Center for NGO Development will provide technical assistance, training, consultation,...Bulgarian Charities Aid Foundation
- $120,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The program goal is to mobilize financial resources and promote philanthropy in Bulgaria. During the grant period, the Bulgarian Charities Aid Foundation will promote workplace and payroll giving schemes, administer corporate giving programs, train...
Recent News from Mott Foundation