Matrix Theatre Company, Detroit GrantOrganization
- Matrix Theatre Company, DetroitGrant Amount
- Community Foundation for Southeast MichiganGrant Purpose
- $80,000 (over three years) for support to increase access to live theatre for people with disabilities. The “Building Theatres of Inclusion” project is designed to expand the accessibility of live theater performances to persons with visual, mobile, cognitive and hearing disabilities. The project ultimately seeks to build the capacity of the local theatrical community through the use of outreach, training and technology.Similar GrantsFloyd McCree Theatre
- $50,000 from the Mott Foundation
- This grant will support the expansion of one of the theatre's recent plays, "Graffiti Chronicles," for traveling performances to 18 sites in Flint and Genesee County. This grant will support the production costs of these...Flint Cultural Center Corporation
- $1,650,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The Flint Cultural Center Corporation operates Whiting Auditorium, Sloan Museum, Longway Planetarium, and Flint Youth Theatre/Bower Theater on the 30-acre Flint Cultural Center campus. Approximately 250,000 students and adults attended or...George Street Playhouse
- $10,000 from the Bunbury Company
- This grant will support education and outreach programs at the theatre. These programs help to bring theatre arts into less-advantaged school districts as well as providing opportunities for the children to see works at the theatre.Floyd McCree Theatre
- $30,000 from the Mott Foundation
- This grant will support a summer fine arts program for Flint's inner-city youth. One of the goals of the Floyd McCree Theatre is to instruct African-American youth in the fine arts and provide a venue to display their talent. Despite bold...Colonnades Theatre Lab, Inc.
- $400,000 from the Mott Foundation
- The project goal is to share experiences from South Africa's process of truth, justice, and reconciliation with people from the Western Balkans. The grantee, the Colonnades Theatre Lab, Inc., has developed a stage production with music-called...
Recent News from Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
Grants News from around the Web