Lake County Community Foundation names new executive director

Teeuwissen brings a strong commitment to the Lake County community and more than 35 years of nonprofit and management experience, according to a news release.

Teeuwissen has held senior management positions with organizations such as the American Ballet Theater and Dance Theater of Harlem. He was also executive director of Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet from 2001-08, significantly expanding the organization’s outreach efforts and after-school programs, the release stated.

Anne Reusche, chair of the Lake County Community Foundation, said Teeuwissen has a “proven track record of adapting and enhancing programs to meet the needs of diverse communities,” adding she looks forward to his leadership in Lake County.

“Lake County is where I live it’s my community, where I’m invested,” Teeuwissen said of his new role. “I look forward to connected with the Foundation’s many grant recipients, donors and partners, and collaborating to make the region stronger.”

Since its founding in 2003, the Lake County Community Foundation, as affiliate of the Chicago Community Trust, has contributed more than $2.5 million to 80 nonprofit organizations that support basic human needs, community development, education and health throughout the community.

Teeuwissen received a Master’s degree of science in management and a certificate in public management from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business in California, and his Board of Regent’s degree from West Virginia State University.

Ganesh Natarajan is the Founder and Chairman of 5FWorld, a new platform for funding and developing start-ups, social enterprises and the skills eco-system in India. In the past two decades, he has built two of India’s high-growth software services companies – Aptech and Zensar – almost from scratch to global success.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders