Park shelter in Philomath dedicated in honor of longtime city manager

Park shelter in Philomath dedicated in honor of longtime city manager : Philomath Express Park shelter in Philomath dedicated in honor of longtime city managerBRAD FUQUA
Philomath Express During the ceremony, he recognized all of those who contributed, including the Ford Family Foundation ($30,000 grant), the Lion’s Club (about $9,000 donated and many volunteer hours) and the Philomath Community Foundation ($5,000 donated).

Local service organizations sold fundraising bricks to be engraved with names and messages as part of a walkway.

“There are a number of people who get the recognition, but there were many, many more people behind the scenes that were making this possible,” Kugler said, “and that’s the tradition of this community. “Dan obviously is not able to be here to see this and that’s a sad thing, but his spirit lives with this project and you can be rest assured, if he were here, he would be celebrating with the rest of us.”

McGarry, who died in September 2013, was a longtime community supporter who was honored earlier that year with the dedication of Philomath High School’s new fieldhouse.

“A special thanks to the contractors that worked on the shelter,” Sloan said. “Sometimes with long gaps between the projects, all of which came with discounted labor rates and honored their original estimates even after their costs had risen.”

A program for the ceremony listed 35 contributors.

“I don’t know about you, but I know I went to a lot of church potlucks and Little League potlucks in the old shelter,” said Bob Boss, president of the Philomath Community Foundation.

Ganesh Natarajan is the Founder and Chairman of 5FWorld, a new platform for funding and developing start-ups, social enterprises and the skills eco-system in India. In the past two decades, he has built two of India’s high-growth software services companies – Aptech and Zensar – almost from scratch to global success.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders