Faith in action: Running for a better community

Spring is here so that means that Gastonia’s streets will be flooded with Community Foundation runners representing the 140-plus nonprofits that serve our community. The event name has transitioned from Run for the Money to the Community Foundation Run, but the purpose is unchanged. Terrance and hundreds of other children are the reason we run, volunteer and raise funds every spring. From Cherryville to Belmont and South Gastonia to Stanley, children like Terrance are served by Community Foundation Run participants like Bit of Hope Ranch, where Executive Director Meg Vanderbilt and her staff employ equine therapy to support bereaved, brokenhearted children. The Community Foundation cannot fund parents for Terrance, but they can fund supports. I invite you to make this year’s Community Foundation Run more than another enjoyable event. Spring is here so that means that Gastonia’s streets will be flooded with Community Foundation runners representing the 140-plus nonprofits that serve our community. The event name has transitioned from Run for the Money to the Community Foundation Run, but the purpose is unchanged. Part of my volunteer responsibility as executive director of the Gaston Faith Network involved meeting residents along the run route and thanking them for letting us disrupt their neighborhood during the April 18 run. Terrance and hundreds of other children are the reason we run, volunteer and raise funds every spring. From Cherryville to Belmont and South Gastonia to Stanley, children like Terrance are served by Community Foundation Run participants like Bit of Hope Ranch, where Executive Director Meg Vanderbilt and her staff employ equine therapy to support bereaved, brokenhearted children. The Community Foundation cannot fund parents for Terrance, but they can fund supports. I invite you to make this year’s Community Foundation Run more than another enjoyable event.

CNote is a women-led impact investment platform that uses technology to unlock diversified and proven community investments that increase economic mobility and financial inclusion.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders