Red Cross nurse teaches others about value of volunteering

My Neighborhood News NetworkMy Edmonds NewsMLTnewsLynnwood TodayMy Edmonds News TV——————————Home- Videos- PhotographyAbout- ContactNews- Business- City Government- Politics- Health- Military News- Pets- Public Safety- Schools- Traffic- WeatherSports- Sound Live Sports Network- High School Sports Schedules- High School- Edmonds CC- Other SportsColumns- Artfully Edmonds- Ask the Engineer- Beauty of Stone- Edmonds Beauty- Bird Lore- Edmonds Booktalk- Edmonds Kind of Dad- Edmonds Military Wire- Edmonds Kind of Play- Foreign Correspondence- My Edmonds Restaurant News- Recommended Reads- Travels with CharlizeEntertainment- Books- Edmonds Happy Hour- The Arts- Restaurant DirectoryAdvertise- Advertising options that capture readers’ attention- Ad Payments- Sponsorship ApplicationTraffic/FerryEvents- Submit EventLinksScannerSupport My Edmonds News with a donation

Yvonne Smith with Edmonds Brownie Troop members.

The American Red Cross of Snohomish County is honoring more than 540 chapter volunteers during National Volunteer Week, April 12-18. One of them is Edmonds resident Yvonne Smith, a registered nurse who was among the first to arrive on site when the Oso landslide struck in 2014.

Smith is involved in the Edmonds and Snohomish County in diverse ways, from teaching Girl Scouts about community service to providing training opportunities to University of Washington student nurses. Forecast Commenting Policy We welcome comments on all posts at My Edmonds News. CategoriesSelect CategoryBusiness Sponsor SpotlightChurchesCity GovernmentColumns Artfully Edmonds Ask the Engineer Beauty of Stone Bird Lore Commendables Designing Landscapes Edmonds Beauty Edmonds Booktalk Edmonds Fashion Edmonds Fitness Corner Edmonds Healthy Eating Edmonds Kind of Dad Edmonds Kind of Play Edmonds Military Wire Epic Group Travel Writers Family History Foreign Correspondence Money Talk My Edmonds Restaurant News Real Housewife Real Talk Recommended Reads Socially Single Tips from the Teacher Travels with CharlizeCommentaryCommunity Submitted NewsEdmonds Community CollegeEdmonds FerryEdmonds Kind of NeighborhoodEdmonds MuseumElection 2010Election 2011Election 2012Election 2013Election 2014Election 2015Entertainment Books Bosatsu Caffeine Kitty Movies Restaurants The Arts thrashin’ jackEvents Event AlertFamilyFeaturedFrom the Publisher’s Deskgarage salesHealth and fitnessHistoryLettersLibraryMilestones ObituariesMilitary NewsNewsPeoplePetsPhotosPlacePoliticsPort of EdmondsPublic PlacePublic SafetyReal EstateSchoolsService ClubsShop Five CornersShoppingShowcaseSocial ServicesSports and Recreation Edmonds CC High School Other Sports SeaWolvesSustainability and the EnvironmentThis is My JobTrafficTransportationUncategorizedundefinedVideosWeather Submit Community News Do you have news you’d like to share with the Edmonds community?

UK will be celebrating its first national celebration of social enterprises dubbed as Social Saturday. World famous celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, who founded the Fifteen restaurant chain.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders