Kidd Mine, Minister Gravelle announce legacy fund

Kidd Mine, Minister Gravelle announce legacy fund | Timmins Press

Ontario Northern Development and Mines Minister Michael Gravelle speaks to a crowd gathered that Timmins Museum for the announcement of a new $1 million legacy fund being set up by Kidd Operations and the Trillium Foundation. The fund is meant to support non-profit organizations in Timmins after the Kidd mine closes in 2021.

On Monday, the mining company announced that it and the Ontario Trillium Foundation will spend $500,000 each over the next six years to create a $1-million “legacy” endowment fund.

According to Kidd Operations’ general manager, Tom Semadeni, the deal to create the new fund with the government-run foundation was two years in the making.

“One thing that both Kidd and the foundation find important is that we are investing in the right things for the Timmins community, which is more important than making sure the fund lasts a certain number of years.”

‘;

UK will be celebrating its first national celebration of social enterprises dubbed as Social Saturday. World famous celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, who founded the Fifteen restaurant chain.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders