Hallsville ISD honors teachers, students at annual awards ceremony

Hallsville ISD honors teachers, students at annual awards ceremony – Longview News-Journal – Longview, TX
Hallsville ISD honors teachers, students at annual awards ceremony May 6, 2015 at 4 a.m.

Hallsville High School physics teacher Rob Robins said Tuesday that his students are what has kept him going during his 29 years of teaching.

“If it weren’t for them, this wouldn’t be that much fun,” Robins said. “If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t keep coming.”

Some of his students took the opportunity during Tuesday night’s sixth annual Academic Recognition and Donors Reception by the Hallsville ISD Education Foundation to let Robins know just how much he has influenced their lives.

More than 200 people attended the district’s awards ceremony Tuesday. Roberts not only taught me how to be an intuitive student and writer in and out of school, but she has also shown me, as she battled cancer, that we must take life one step at a time and endure whatever complications the world may throw at us.”

The foundation also took the time to honor its donors, who make it possible for the organization to fund its dual credit scholarships, grants to teachers program and mini grants to teachers program.

Social enterprise, HandiConnect, wins the Audacious-Business Idea competition’s Doing Good category. The company is spearheaded by University of Otago entrepreneurship master’s student Nguyen Cam Van.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders