Buffet and Gates make billions, and give them away

Make billions, then give it away: Gates, Buffett talk philanthropy

Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett have amassed huge fortunes that they’re determined to give away through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

“It’s pretty phenomenal that right as we had learned a lot of things, when we were building up our capacity, that we got this doubling of capacity so that, things like agriculture and malaria eradication over time,” said Microsoft founder and Gates Foundation co-chair Bill Gates.

“With me, it started on July 5, 1991, and Bill was reluctant to meet me, but we hit it off,” Buffett said.

Gates Foundation co-chair Melinda Gates said: “It’s funny.

Two years ago, Melinda began a project to give women in developing countries access to contraceptives and education on family planning.

According to the Gates Foundation, there are over 220 million women in developing countries who don’t want to get pregnant but lack access to birth control.

“I remember once, early after we [Bill and Warren] met, that the Buffett Foundation was accused of funding a cherry-flavored condom and it turned out they were guilty.”

UK will be celebrating its first national celebration of social enterprises dubbed as Social Saturday. World famous celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, who founded the Fifteen restaurant chain.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders