Making Her Mark

Frewsburg High School graduate Lacey Miller has the unique experience of putting her art on others.

The owner of Red Bird Tattoo in Fredonia, Miller attended Jamestown Community College before transferring to SUNY Fredonia.

Lacey Miller is the owner of Red Bird Tattoo in Fredonia.
Submitted photo

It was a major point in my life regarding self-growth and self-awareness,” Miller said.

A psychology major, Miller also minored in visual arts which allowed her to create a professional art portfolio that she used to land a tattoo apprenticeship. Soon after, she started her career at Divine Machine Tattoo in Buffalo.

“If I was to offer any advice to students (interested in the tattoo industry) it would be to draw, draw, draw, and paint, paint, paint,” Miller said. “More and more tattoo artists are art graduates now.”

And while her art is permanent, Miller says it’s the people she has met along her seven years in the industry who stick with her.

“The most memorable moments within my career, are the people I have gotten to meet. To see some of Miller’s latest work, visit Red Bird Tattoo on Facebook.

Current high school seniors or college students interested in learning more about the scholarship opportunities available through the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation can learn more at crcfonline.org.

Social Entrepreneurship
Spotlight

Influencing Social Good Through Retail

When Hannah Davis   traveled to China to teach English, she noticed how Chinese workers and farmers were often sporting olive green army-style shoes. Those shoes served as her inspiration to create her own social enterprise, Bangs Shoes.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders