Mellon Foundation Gives National Gallery of Art $30 Million Challenge Grant

“I am delighted to see Sarah taking a more senior role at the museum.”

March 17, 2016Nevada Museum of Art Receives $1.5 Million Endowment

Trustee John Deane has given the Nevada Museum of Art a $1.5 million endowment, reports thisisreno.com. He has served as the museum’s board president, and has been involved with the institution for over four decades.

March 17, 2016Asian Art Museum of San Francisco Receives 140 Ink Paintings from Japan’s Edo Period

The estate of George Gund III, the late San Francisco philanthropist, has given the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco a gift of rare Japanese artworks: 140 ink paintings produced during Japan’s Edo period. “Because my own work increasingly straddles the border between art, documentation and activism, it’s all the more important to me that the prize is given not for photography but for creativity in general.”

March 16, 2016New Experimental School Founded on Black Mountain College Campus

North Carolina artists have founded a new school inspired by the legendary avant-garde Black Mountain College, Art in America’s Erick Lyle reports. The new school Black Mountain School cites extreme tuition costs, corporatized profit-driven learning, and a one-size-fits-all curriculum as the reasons there is a need for a school that embodies the principles that governed Black Mountain College.

The founders, Chelsea Ragan and Adam Void, first came up with the idea to establish the school on the same site as the famed college after they moved to Black Mountain in 2013.

Social entrepreneur and co-founder of nonprofit Jolkona, Adnan Mahmud, discusses his definition of a successful social entrepreneur. He describes the social entrepreneur as someone who has found the right balance between doing good while doing well.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders