Virtual Friendship Gets Real Through Philanthropy

Michael Chatman is Senior Vice President of Philanthropy at the Community Foundation of the Ozarks, and works directly with the CFO Affiliate Foundations across southern Missouri.

Chatman and Steele have known each other for years through social media and philanthropy circles, but met face to face for the very first time when Steele came to Springfield in April to address the Community Foundation of the Ozarks 2016 Affiliate Conference:

Michael Chatman: “Wendy I remember the first time we made contact through social media. I remember the first time I reached out to you through social media to say Congratulations, You’ve Become One of the Top 25 Experts on Philanthropy, According to the Michael Chatman Giving Show, and that started a relationship between the two of us via social media, so much so that people who meet us for the very first time think we’ve been friends forever. So coming together these last few days as we have, it’s been terrific to see that confirmed.”

Michael Chatman: “In the home of Terry Hedgpeth last night, when I took you to Ozark to speak for the Impact 100 group to the Finley River Community Foundation, Jackie Barger and Margie Beadles and all the people there, when you walked in the room, because I had shown your video so many times, and took them to your web site and talked a lot about Impact 100,everybody felt like they knew you.”

Wendy Steele: “Although I didn’t have the same benefit, I felt welcomed like a friend, like a part of the family.

For information on philanthropy in the Ozarks and across southern Missouri, through The Community Foundation of the Ozarks, www.cfozarks.org

For information about Generosity Matters, www.generosity-matters.com

UK will be celebrating its first national celebration of social enterprises dubbed as Social Saturday. World famous celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, who founded the Fifteen restaurant chain.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders