Partnerships in Social Enterprise

I moved to the region in summer 2003 during a bush fire and every three years since, north-east Victoria has had a substantial fire occurrence, let alone every year when we have had the bushfire risk.”

The above comes from Sue Gold, a resident of regional Victoria and Program Facilitator for the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) Australia Social Change 101 Program. As with the people of Alpine and Indigo, many are still learning about social enterprise and there is a large demographic who require further guidance to effectively apply its principles to their businesses.

“[Social Change 101] is another opportunity to learn; it’s for people in the area to build their skills, their knowledge and their confidence to both establish and lead an enterprise focused on solving local problems,” explains Sue. In order to facilitate real change, it’s necessary to work in partnership with local experts.

“I think by having local partners, and in particular Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program and Into Our Hands Community Foundation, SSE can work with organisations that are well connected with the communities already,” Sue explains, “they know people, they know people’s interests, they know where the expertise lies and what people in the community wish to achieve.”

It’s taken some time to set up the necessary networks throughout regional Victoria since the devastation of the 2009 fires, but now the region is ready for growth. I don’t think you can go wrong.”

To get involved with Social Change 101 Alpine/Indigo, you can find out more information on our website or register your interest today.

If you’d like to hear more from our partners, you can find Sue on her Twitter, or keep up to date with Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program through their Twitter and Facebook, and Into Our Hands Community Foundation through their Facebook.

Rivaayat is an initiative by Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi to revive various dying art form and solve innumerable problems faced by the artisans. Rivaayat began with reviving a 20,000-year-old art form of pottery that is a means of survival for 600 families residing in Uttam Nagar, Delhi.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders