My View: Community Foundation proud of education investments

As president of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, I recently signed 134 scholarship checks totaling $196,097. It is also humbling to know that all of these scholarships would not exist without the generosity of donors in this community over the last 63 years.Three of the checks I signed were for Colman Scholars. Each of those students received a $2,500 scholarship in their freshman year and $10,000 per year for the remaining three years of their undergraduate education.The Colman Scholars are students in engineering, computer science and technology. Louis and Violet Rubin endowment to match an equal amount raised by the colleges.Together, the $8 million in permanent scholarship endowments will make an additional $320,000 worth of scholarships available for local students every year. mainImageContainerInnerHTML += ”+htmlencode(mainImageData_caption)+”; mainImageContainerInnerHTML += ”+mainImageData_caption+”; mainImageContainerInnerHTML_sm += ”+mainImageData_credit+”; mainImageContainerInnerHTML_sm += ”+mainImageData_caption+”; $(‘#art-main-image-credit-container_sm’).css(‘width’,smimgwidth).css(‘padding’,’3px ‘+(mainImageData_leftPadding – 3)+’px 0 0’); $(‘#art-main-image-caption-container_sm’).css(‘width’,sm_img.width).css(‘padding’,’5px 0 0 ‘+(mainImageData_leftPadding + 3)+’px’); $(‘#art-main-image-caption-container’).css(‘width’,img.width).css(‘padding’,’5px 0 0 ‘+mainImageData_leftPadding+’px’); $(‘#art-main-image-credit-container’).css(‘width’,img.width).css(‘padding’,’5px ‘+(mainImageData_leftPadding)+’px 0 0’);

Social Entrepreneurship
Spotlight

Influencing Social Good Through Retail

When Hannah Davis   traveled to China to teach English, she noticed how Chinese workers and farmers were often sporting olive green army-style shoes. Those shoes served as her inspiration to create her own social enterprise, Bangs Shoes.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders