We Are Phil: Philanthropy takes us from good to great at the UI

In 1971, I arrived on the University of Iowa campus as a wide-eyed freshman with little idea of what the future held in store for me. As we watch the College of Engineering’s new annex rise from the ground, we are reminded that many of the buildings and facilities that allow us to offer world-class educational programs and conduct cutting-edge research would not exist without the generous support of private and public donors.

I interact with many bright, talented, and eager young adults who makeup our student body, and I am reminded how many of them are able to study here only because of scholarships and other sources of financial aid funded by generous donors.

We relish the first season of performances in the dazzling new Hancher, and we realize that this magnificent facility and its incredible line-up of events are possible only through the ongoing support of so many committed donors.

It is hard to imagine what the UI would be like without all of this philanthropy.

Rivaayat is an initiative by Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi to revive various dying art form and solve innumerable problems faced by the artisans. Rivaayat began with reviving a 20,000-year-old art form of pottery that is a means of survival for 600 families residing in Uttam Nagar, Delhi.

Federal Government Grant and Assistance Programs

Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2008-2024 Copyright Michael Saunders